All Balanced Body® Pilates Mat Instructor Training programs listed on this site are taught by Nancy Sanchez, PMA® CPT, Master Instructor for Balanced Body® since 2009, and Pilates and Fitness pro since 1998. With twenty-one+ years in the industry, and eleven+ years as the most popular, sought-after Master Instructor in the Northern Virginia region, Nancy has taught and tested thousands of Pilates teachers as well as private and group clients. Learn from the best, and be the best!
“Nancy Sanchez is an exceptional educator. She views sharing her knowledge and passion with students as part of who she is, rather than part of what she does. I have learned more from Nancy in many ways than I did during the four years of my college education. Working with Nancy brings the material to life and opens opportunities to learn the lessons through experiencing them.” K.B.
Nancy grew up dancing, and in college and thereafter, she danced and taught dance (ballet and modern/contemporary) in the NoVA/Metro area. She performed with a professional modern dance company for a number of years post-college, then became a Personal Trainer, Pilates Teacher and Pilates Master Instructor.
During that time, she also served as Adjunct Faculty for a local university for two years. Since 1999, Nancy has enjoyed a full career serving not only as a Personal Trainer and Pilates Instructor, but also in roles such as Corporate Pilates Director and Pilates Director for several Pilates programs in McLean, VA.
Balanced Body® instructor training students, graduates and clients who work with Nancy in the Pilates studio, on the fitness floor and in Pilates and Yoga classes have said that besides enjoying her cheerful presence, they appreciate her depth of knowledge and attention to detail, her no-nonsense approach to safety and adaptation as needed, her ingenuity (always keeping the workouts fresh), her intuition on behalf of the client in front of her, and last, but not least, her contagious passion for movement.
“Nancy Sanchez is very professional and has a very deep understanding of HOW to teach — her depth of knowledge is clear in the myriad ways she helps me understand what I am doing.” J.K.
“I always leave my Pilates sessions with Nancy feeling better than when I came in, taller, happier, stronger, more flexible and successful!” A.B.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Twenty-one+ years combined experience teaching dance, Pilates, Personal Training, Yoga and Clinical Somatics:
- George Mason University, BFA/Bachelor of Fine Arts, Dance
- NCPT (Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher via PMA’s NPCP/National Pilates Certification Program)
- Balanced Body® Pilates Master Instructor/Faculty since 2009
- Balanced Body® Anatomy in Three Dimensions™ Faculty
- Clinical Somatics studies (in process 4/2020)
- PEAK PILATES® Level 1 Pilates Instructor
- PhysicalMind Institute, Pilates Comprehensive Instructor
- Marymount University, Adjunct Faculty
- Yoga Alliance, 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher through Shambhava Yoga™
- Jamste School of Yin Yoga Teaching Certificate
- ACE® (American Council on Exercise) Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM® (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Certified Personal Trainer